Virtual Volunteer Opportunities
SADD is proud to announce that we are an official certifying organization for the President's Volunteer Service Award. SADD students now have the exclusive privilege of earning this award by submitting their volunteer hours through the SADD Portal. Make sure to log your service hours along the way! Use these tools to volunteer with us:
Give virtual volunteering a try!
Beyond what's in the virtual volunteering guide & toolkit, you can also use this list of mini volunteer opportunities to continue making a difference in your community:
- Write letters to your local first responders, nurses, doctors, EMT’s thanking them for their dedication to your health and safety. You can also go to Operation Gratitude and write letters.
- Make a blanket or two and drop it off at a local shelter. Check out Blanket Hearts for more information.
- Make animal toys for pets that are in your local shelter and drop them off.
- Paint a picture for nursing home patients and deliver it to your local nursing home.
- Crochet or knit blankets, hats, scarves for Warm Up America.
- Send a card, letter or note once a week to a chemotherapy patient.
- Know how to sew? Sew emotional support blankets!
- Record audio books for Librovox.
- Solve tasks for blind and low vision people.
- Transcribe historical documents for the Smithsonian.
- Put together “Waiting Room Busy Bags” for children in hospitals. Check with your local hospital to see if they are accepting donations.
- Create sets of flashcards to donate to preschools, daycares, or after-school programs.
- Learn to map! If you've got an affinity for cartography, you can learn to map areas where humanitarian organizations are trying to meet the needs of vulnerable people.
- Start a Little Free Library or Little Free Pantry in your community.
- Read to kids by setting up an online reading corner. Pick a date and time, then set up a Zoom link to share with parents!
- Engage older adults living in long-term care facilities. Send kind, handwritten letters to senior facilities!
Log your service hours & submit them to earn a President's Volunteer Service Award!